Music and Sound | Facilities
Students studying Music and Sound at Glamorgan have access to purpose built, fully kitted out recording studio suites and dedicated practice rooms. All spaces are sound isolated and acoustically treated.
Watch the video below for a summary of our facilities:
Music and Sound Facilities
- 4 band rehearsal rooms, all stocked with Roland equipment and Peavey vocal mics and PAs.
- 4 individual, keyboard, guitar and bass practice rooms with variety of amps including Marshall 50w guitar amp, Vox guitar amp, Ashdown bass amp and Peavey Studio Pro 112 guitar amp.
- 3 recording studio suites, each has isolation windows from the control rooms through to the live rooms.
- 2 of the recording studio suites encompass 2 live rooms and 3 control rooms, the final suite has 1 live room and 2 control rooms.
- Mixing consoles in the control rooms include: Yamaha O2R 24ch automated digital mixing console, two Audient ASP8024 36ch analogue mixing consoles, Soundcraft Ghost 48ch analogue console, two Digidesign Control 24, 24ch automated mixing consoles and a historic MCI 500 series 48ch analogue mixing console.
- Comprehensive list of live sound equipment including four medium venue systems with microphones, mixing desks, controllers, speakers and subs.
- Two computer rooms with teaching stations and either PCs or Macs and relevant software for your course including ProTools, Cubase, Sibelius, Native Instruments Komplete, Reason, Wavelab, Logic Studio 9 and Adobe Suite.
General Purpose Teaching Spaces
- 170 seat main lecture theatre
- 130 Seat Cinema and Auditorium
- Multiple general purpose teaching spaces fitted out with integrated instructional technology facilities and control systems
- All teaching spaces interlinked enabling the ATRiuM to stream content from any teaching and learning space to all other teaching and learning spaces
- Multiple subject-specific and multidisciplinary computing labs
- 64 individual flexible workspaces in LRC, including 32 PC-equipped workspaces
- Loan laptops for use throughout facility (principally LRC), access via wireless networking
The Cardiff School of Creative and Cultural Industries is an Apple Authorised Training Centre for the provision of Logic 101.